Craving for a Filipino porridge ( lugaw) because it’s a cold day. I added lots of ground pepper for a hotter taste and its really a bomb in the mouth, really yummy! Simple meal but it satisfied my hunger.
1.5 cups rice
6 hard boiled eggs
1 clove garlic ( minced)
3 stalks spring onions
salt and pepper to taste
fish sauce( patis=optional)
1 litre of water
1. Saute the garlic until golden brown then remove and set aside ( we will use it later for toppings)
2. Pour in the rice and saute for a minute, then add salt and pepper and simmer for another minute. You can add some fish sauce ( patis) if it is available.
3. Add the water, then cover ( stirring constantly so that the rice will not stick at the bottom of the pot).
4. When it is already done add the eggs.
5. Serve it hot with minced spring onion and toasted garlic.
Leave your comments.
Author of this post: Mely Maravilla